Summary Report-Narsappaguda Village (October-2019)
Narsappaguda is adopted village by JIMS Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital for outreach programs. It is 14 kilometres from our institute, belonging to Nandigama Mandal, RR District.
Mobile clinic with biweekly visits was undertaken from October 19th 2019. The panchayath members were contacted regarding this by medical social worker Mr S. Naidu. With their unconditional support, we could perform few activities relevant to academics as follows:
- Family survey by final BHMS students using questionnaire prepared by department of community medicine based on WHO guidelines
- Anganwadi visit and health education of mothers
- PHC visit for final year BHMS students
- Biweekly clinical service by students and staff
- Survey of 150 houses was conducted on 21/09/2019 with the help of Mrs Shobha, Anganwadi teacher and VOA of Dwakra group and Panchayath Adhyaksha, Mr Ashok.
- Anganwadi visit from 16/09/2019 to 21/09/2019 was undertaken. Students by batches were taken to various anganwadi schools around Narsappaguda. Students prepared posters explaining causes and prevention of various diseases during rainy season and vector born diseases. A special street play was performed to explain vector born disease control and prevention. Demo of hand wash and importance of hygiene was explained.
- As mobile clinic, we chose Thursday as suitable for 3 hours visit. First visit was on 19/10/2019. There were 69 patients availing service. We also started minimum physiotherapy interventions after training students by Physiotherapist of hospital, Mr Asif.
- Sudhamathi, Dr. Vibhavya, Mr. Asif, Mr. Sanyasi Naidu (MSW), Mr. Prashanth (Dispenser) and students from Final BHMS participated.
Patient Data Analysis
For more images Click Here